Sunday, January 05, 2014

Didn't know this could hurt so much.

Heart out, lying on the floor.

Throbbing. Splitting. Bleeding.

Two places hold my arms and I'm standing, stretched in between. I might break.

I've learned that wherever I go, I'll always be away from someone I love.
Always a piece slickly scooped out of me. Left behind is a gaping, round hole. A smooth vacancy.

Maybe this is God giving me what I asked for, that He would become my home, but all I know are my nights of falling asleep with tears on my cheeks and weeks of forced smiles and hidden pain.

This sense of a black hole planted in my stomach, the pain, it doesn't feel good. It doesn't feel like growth. It feels like hell.

I don't know how to believe God's hand is in this. I just plain don't know how. Surely this exposes how weak my faith truly is. I don't know how to walk on water.

But I guess I don't need to know how in order to step out of the boat.



Right?





No comments: