Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Ache for You



Certain days are just melancholy.

The air outside is bitterly cold. The rain's drizzling down. The clouds are a gray painted smooth.

I slept in this morning. Made a steaming cup of coffee. Read some chapters in a book. Sat on the couch. Took pictures in the yard until my nose was pink and my fingers hurt.

Days like these help me understand what's going on in my soul. They help me burrow down and think.

And I am listening to music, stuck in this dreary mood. But there's a rightness to the wrongness. An understanding to come in the midst of the gray. In all of the sublime, the magical misery of these days - I acutely feel that there's something missing.


Someone's missing.


And do you know who that is?


It's the Bridegroom.
Jesus, the beautiful one.

And when things feel off and I can't get my mind on track, it's okay. Because this world isn't my home.  Emotions evaporate. This body is not mine forever.

My sin curse is broken and He'll dress me in garments of beauty. This is not the end.



Someday, all will be made right.

No comments: