Tuesday, November 25, 2014

broken lines

after the fifth of June
I stopped writing in sentences and started writing in poetry
 
maybe because my soul was too tired to even summon punctuation marks
and life became an endless, unformed thought which did not deserve
the finality of a period or the clarity of prose
 
the agonized ache under my ribs was expressed better in broken lines
and though I will never claim the title of poet and always own up to my mediocrity
 
poetry feels right
at least for now
 
while clouds still hover among patches of happiness
and eyes are darkened by shadow
each morning is a gasp for life
every conversation a question of love
no relationship is certain
and the strength to go on even less sure
 
meanwhile
healing enters through hidden doorways
and maybe I won’t create unfit poetry forever


 

No comments: