Sunday, December 07, 2014

Sunday's thoughts

Funny how things can turn around so quickly. Love distracts. Love heals. I'm always looking for love in the wrong places, the empty spaces. Then, like a gentle tap on the shoulder, I turn around and find it. In the unexpected way.

Of course, to be cynical, I must acknowledge too how quickly things shatter. It only takes a second for pieces to fall apart, and fighting despair is a lifetime battle.

Life ebbs and flows. It is a mingling of brokenness and healing. The sweet complexity of clashing flavors and opposing ideas.

This is why I believe so strongly in paradox.

For every day is a collision of bitter and sweet.

Even love, the ultimate striving, is so tainted. A murky water poisoned by selfish intentions. Anything touched by human hands becomes dimmed.

But the impurity of it all, the audacity to keep on loving anyways, becomes its redeemer. Murky waters can still quench the soul's thirst, and the feeblest of loves is still brave to love at all. I choose to believe in the beauty and value of life. Things suck sometimes, and that's okay. It's okay to feel. Okay to cry 'til your eyes run dry. I would rather know the value of love through the accentuation of suffering than live in the bliss of ignorance. And how beautiful it is to be surprised by love when disappointment and loss overtake.

So maybe at the bottom of the cup waits a bitter taste. But I won't let that stop me from savoring every swallow.

No comments: